The Advisory Council works with the University President and his designees on issues of interest to the university such as advocacy, alumni giving and programming. The council serves as the voice of alumni to the university and helps build alumni involvement. The council is growing in membership and is proving to be a force within the campus community. The council’s commitment to the university has been demonstrated through their philanthropy, their volunteerism and mentorship to future alumni.
· The Advisory Council consists of 15-25 members broadly representing various industries
· Membership is at the invitation of the Director of Alumni Programs
· Company representation is generally limited to two per company, unless significantly different roles are represented, in which three individuals may serve
· All members are required to make an annual gift to the University
· The term of the Council membership is two years, with one reappointment possible
Structure and Work
· Members are asked to serve as ambassadors to the University and to support its initiatives and goals.
· Members are asked from time to time to attend University events that support outreach to alumni, students and community member.
· The Advisory Council meets three times a year.
· Meeting are generally held at CSU Dominguez Hills Welch Hall
For more information Contact:
Dr. Gayle Ball-Parker, Director of Alumni & Family Programs
1000 E. Victoria Street
Carson, CA 90747
Advisory Council Members
Khaleah K. Bradshaw
Arlene A. Herrero
Cedric L. Hicks, Sr