University Photography documents the people, programs and events at one of the nation’s leading urban universities. Our full-time university photographer and a pool of staff, student and freelance photographers cover CSU Dominguez Hills, providing photos and images that tell our story and portray the campus to the public.
Priority is given to campus photography required for university communications and public relations. This includes:
- major university events and celebrations
- campus-wide programs and activities
- marketing and promotional photos
- campus news photos
- notable guest lecturers and visitors
- notable campus supporters: alumni, donors
- campus setting and architecture
Photography services may be provided to CSU Dominguez Hills colleges, departments and units, subject to staff availability, for:
- academic programs, activities and events
- student life activities
- classroom environments
- on- and off-campus events
- faculty and staff portraits
Staff and Faculty Portraits
Official staff and faculty portraits are taken twice a year at scheduled photo shoots, at no charge. Faculty and staff requesting portrait services are expected to dress professionally in business attire. E-mail University Photography or contact Gary Kuwahara at (310) 243-3011 to verify time and dates of the portrait shoots.
Guidelines for Photography Requests
- Requests must be made at least two weeks in advance.
- Submit a request via email to University Photography. Be sure to include this information for the photo request: the name of the event or subject being photographed, date and time, where it's taking place, purpose/why photos are needed, any additional photo directions, your contact information and chargeback code.
- The Office of University Communications and Public Affairs reserves the right to prioritize projects in accordance with the above criteria.
- A specific photo date may not be possible due to scheduling conflicts.
- Minimal charges may apply; a chargeback code must be included.
- Photo Release Form (.pdf)
All CSUDH faculty, staff and students whose photos are taken by University Photography or who participate in campus, classroom, or lab photo shoots must complete a Photo Release Form. This is especially important if the photos will be published in print media or online. Exceptions to the Photo Release Form requirement are for general campus photos or photos taken at public events. This may include photos where people are not easily identifiable, crowd shots, or there are reasonable expectations that attendees could appear in photos taken at a public event.
Email Gary Kuwahara or call 243-3011